QLD Public Holidays 2024 – New Update
New updates on QLD public Holidays 2024. Public holidays in Queensland are designated days off for the general public. These days include events like New Year’s Day, Australia Day, Easter, Anzac Day, Labour Day, Queen’s Birthday, Christmas, and Boxing Day. People often use these holidays to relax, celebrate, or spend time with family and friends.
|New Year’s Day||Monday 1 January|
|Australia Day||Friday 26 January|
|Good Friday||Friday 29 March|
|Sat – The day after Good Friday||Saturday 30 March|
|Easter Sunday||Sunday 31 March|
|Easter Monday||Monday 1 April|
|Anzac Day||Thursday 25 April|
|Labour Day||Monday 6 May|
|Royal Queensland Show (Brisbane area only)||Wednesday 14 August|
|National Day of Mourning for Her Majesty The Queen||–|
|King’s Birthday||Monday 7 October|
|Christmas Eve (24 December) 6 pm-midnight||Tuesday 24 December|
|Christmas Day||Wednesday 25 December|
|Boxing Day||Thursday 26 December|
Cheapest Fuel Australia App
LAUNCHING – OCT 2023 / MOBILE APP – NOV 2023
Get Real-time fuel prices – The Fastest, Easiest, Accurate & Low Fuel Price + Map Navigation
Turn On/Allow The Notification For Updates!
(or use the bell icon on the bottom-left to get notified on mobile/desktop)
Follow us on Google News
To Be Noted:
- Since Christmas Day of 2011, an additional public holiday is mandated by the Holidays Act of 1983 when Christmas Day, Boxing Day, or New Year’s Day coincide with a weekend.
- Easter Sunday is designated as a public holiday. A provision in effect since 2017 due to modifications made to the Holidays Act 1983. This was ratified by Parliament on December 1, 2016.
- The Labor Day public holiday is scheduled for the initial Monday of May. While the public holiday for the Birthday of the Sovereign (King’s Birthday) is set for the first Monday of October. These adjustments were established in 2016 after amendments to the Holidays Act 1983 were approved by Parliament on October 13, 2015.
- Exclusive to Brisbane, the Royal National Agricultural (RNA) Show Day falls on the Wednesday during the RNA Show period. The RNA Show commences on the first Friday of August, except when this day falls before August 5. In which case it begins on the second Friday of August.
- For the year 2022 only, a public holiday is designated as the National Day of Mourning for Her Majesty The Queen. This change was enacted through an amendment to the Holidays Act 1983; authorized by Parliament on September 15, 2022.
- Starting in 2019, the Holidays Act 1983 introduces a partial-day public holiday. This was from 6 pm until midnight on Christmas Eve (December 24).
- Multi-Cultural Celebrations are Unannounced: QLD and the other states of Australia haven’t announced cultural celebrations. These are Lunar New Year, Diwali, and Eid al-Fitr. The residents are still waiting for these holidays to take place.